|Artwork by Andrea Penn Bain|
I’m linking up to Liv Lane’s Little Bliss List today. I really love this idea of recognizing moments of pure joy…goes right along with my thanksliving motto. For me, in those instances, I feel like I’m literally flying. My mind and my heart are in sync and I experience happiness all the way through to my core. Sometimes, the feeling is fleeting, only with me for a just a few seconds. Life is hard, harder right now for some than others, and I know that. That is why I think it’s so important to take note of the small things that have BIG meanings.
1. Sitting at a table in Kat’s Kitchen (my cousin’s restaurant) with my family while out of town attending my uncle’s memorial service…I felt that flutter in my heart…the kind when you know this is a moment you don’t want to forget. It felt good to be with my parents, my brother and his new fiancée, my sister and her daughter and my wonderful husband. The best part of that dinner…ordering one of every dessert on the menu and then sharing between the eight of us. Pure bliss…the memory and the desserts!
2. This week I’ve had the radio station set on the oldies station…KLUV to be exact. And I have experienced pure bliss every morning on my way to work. There is always a song, or two, or three that take me back to the day. LOL This morning I was “Stayin’ Alive” with the Bee Gees and doing my John Travolta moves from behind the steering wheel. The freedom to act a fool with no one watching=total happiness.
3. What a way to start a week…on Monday, my cupcake won 2nd place in my workplace “Cupcake Wars.” We do this occassionally when we need to raise money for charity. This was my first time to enter and what a “sweet’ surprise! (not to mention how helping someone else makes you feel) Thank you, Duncan Hines for thinking up Cinnamon Banana Cupcakes with a Carmel Twist!
4. When I slip on this ring, I feel happy. I’m reminded that I’m meant to fly. If I had to pick one animal to be it would be a bird. It’s almost like when this ring is on my hand, no one can cage me…I can soar anywhere…do anything. This is more than a ring…it’s like Superman’s cape…Wonderwoman’s belt…and when I wear it…I feel the power! And, look at those short, pink sparkly nails…that mani was so worth it!
5. My journey at work has been a long one. I have been fighting my way back since my position was eliminated in Dec. 2009. This week when the sales report came out, I was in the top half. For just a few seconds, I felt satisified. Pure bliss…but just for a moment…I belong at the top. 🙂
6. There is nothing like being wrapped in a hug from my 24 yr. old son and I got several this last weekend. I’m smiling just remembering this.
7. I think it’s so mysterious and wonderful when I get a devotional that is meant just for me. Sometimes it’s one I subscribed to and sometimes it’s one that my girlfriend, Dei, has forwarded me. This week, she forwarded 2 in one day…both what I needed. And my heart was comforted. And once again, I had to smile, at the Father’s timeliness. Perfect in all ways.
Where did you find joy at this week? Are you living in the moment…did you recognize those blessings that got sprinkled in while you were trying to manage this thing called life? Tell me…I want to know.
And please do visit Liv’s blog…it’s a BLISS blog link party…and there’s some really good stuff over there. Happy Friday, friends!