Hello and welcome back to Fabulous Friday! It’s an absolutely beautiful day for Good Friday and I’m very excited to share some of the highlights of my week. I want to preface this post by saying it was a tough week in Texas as we had huge storms and there were as many as 12 reported tornadoes that touched down and destroyed people’s home. One particular neighborhood in our sister city, Forney, was hit really hard. I wanted to make sure I posted this week about some of the moments that fills my heart with gratitude. Even in the storm, there are these moments and it’s important to recognize them. And to let our thoughts dwell on those things. A Bliss List.
1. I love this time of year. It’s so beautiful and one of the things I love to do is sit on my patio and enjoy my morning coffee. Today, the patio furniture is drying in the sun. This makes me unbelievably happy!
2. My son is home for Easter and this is my first time to see him in his shirt with his “red patch”. He’s officially a paramedic now. I’m a proud momma! Not only for his accomplishment but because he followed his dream and no matter what, he never gave up. He has always wanted to help people. And now he can. 🙂
3. I bought a new piece of art this week from Teresa Cash. She just opened her Etsy store and I was her first purchase! How exciting for Teresa but mostly I’m excited to get this piece and hang it on my wall. Because I do believe I can fly. Ahhh…I love it when something speaks to me this way.
4. I know this was on my list last time…but I can’t help it. I am fascinated with the bluebonnets. I cannot put into words how I feel as the purples and blues swish by in the mornings on my way into the big city. No matter how I’m feeling, when I see those patches of flowers, I feel immensely blessed. It’s almost like God is telling me “I’m here.”
5. I was paid an unusual compliment this week by the wonderful woman who helps me keep my house together. She comes every few weeks and does the heavy cleaning so I can have my weekends free to spend doing things I love with the ones I love. This week I caught her just as she was leaving my house. We visited for a moment and somewhere in the conversation she spoke these words…”You Sparkle.” I don’t remember the last time I was paid such a lovely compliment. And even though I said something along the lines of “Oh, I don’t know about that,” I thought to myself that maybe I do sparkle. Maybe some of how I am feeling on the inside is seeping out. My faith is restored in that God is doing a good work within me. May my sparkle be one from His great light.
I’m a bit lengthy again today. I’m working on trying to make it shorter…but folks…sometimes there are not enough words on the page to convey the feeling inside. I’ll ask you again to leave a comment with some of the fabulous moments you experienced this week and if you can’t think of many, then I suggest you stop this next week and make a note in your memory, each time some thing makes your heart smile. Because that kind of smile shows up so beautifully on your face!